When it comes to buying a washing machine, many people get this doubt -- "Which is better, a front-loading machine or a top loading washing machine?"
I will discuss the advantages of both and leave it for you to decide which one suits your requirements.
Front load machines:
- They use less water comparatively than top loading machines, and they accommodate more clothes than a top load machine because usually, the drum of front load machine is larger.
- Cycle time is more and washing is also done more efficiently and delicately. Wear and tear of clothes will be less.
Top load machines:
- Top load machines have the facility to soak the clothes which is not possible in a front load machine. In this way, they use less detergent.
- You can add clothes even after you started the cycle. You cannot do that in a front load, because water will spill out when you open the door. (Door is locked anyway).
- Less expensive and longevity is more when compared to front load machines.
You can select any of these based on your laundry needs and preferences.