ISO stands for International Organization for standardization, which is originated from the union of two organizations ISO & UNSCC in 1947. Today ISO spread at 150 countries and produced 16,500 international standards. The word ISO comes from the Greek word "ISOS" meaning “EQUAL”.
Each standard has its own uses and benefits according to the industry.
- Improve efficiency.
- Improve quality.
- A Higher level of customer services.
- Heightened staff morel and motivation.
- Expanded market potential.
- Improve compliance.
- Documents control ( ensure that right document at right place at right time)
- Record control ( It is effective method to find complete record )
- Internal review ( In-depth review of management system to ensure that system is on the right path)
- Non Conformance ( It is when something happened not as per planned or process)
- Preventative action & Corrective action is taken to rectify non-conformance.
The company which is certified by ISO will be reviewed by ISO team annually to ensure that the company's policy and process are implemented or followed in a proper manner.
Types of ISO Standard:
- ISO 9000 (Quality Management system)
- ISO 14000 (Environmental Management System)
- ISO 18001 ( Health and Safety Management)
- ISO 27001 ( IT Management system)
- ISO 22000 (Food and safety Management system).